Last weekend we visited the best pumpkin patch in Orange County – Tanaka Farms. It’s become such a destination that this year they started issuing parking passes on the weekend, and you can’t drive (or even walk in) without said parking pass. Crazy! For good reason, though. With a petting zoo, corn maze, a truck ride around the farm and a gift shop on the way out, it’s the best pumpkin experience we can get in our area (besides the classic parking lot Pumpkin City in Laguna Hills and the Irvine Park Railroad in Orange). But definitely my favorite attraction is the Instagram-ability of the place, haha! I don’t even think the pumpkins are grown there, but whatever.
My favorite fall activities in Southern California include visits to:
- Julian for apple picking and various seasonal fruit pies,
- Riley’s Farm for fruit picking and apple pie,
- Tanaka Farms for scenic pumpkin family photos, rides and petting zoo,
- Pumpkin City for casual fun kid activities in the parking lot, and
- Irvine Park Railroad for the pumpkin patch and activities.
All except Pumpkin City require some advanced planning and most require tickets, so make your fall bucket list early in the year, like in the beginning of August at the least.