This post is sponsored by Febreze.
Super Bowl 53 is coming up on Sunday, February 3rd, and if you’re hosting a bash this year, I’ve got some last minute ideas to put together something fun without too much stress, whether you’re a Patriots or Rams fan or just a party and food fan.
Below I’ve put together 10 general party prep tips, my shopping list, and 50 football party food ideas that are bound to be hits with any crowd!
Here are my top 10 party prep tips:
- Plan out the menu and create a shopping list of food & drink, household items, and decorations
- Head to the store and complete the shopping list
- Tidy up the whole house (get the family involved)
- Bring out the plates, napkins, cutlery, and serving pieces for food
- Have cups, coasters, coolers, buckets, and ice ready for drinks
- Place fresh flowers in every room, if possible
- Spray each room with Febreze AIR and leave it in the bathroom for guests to use (I’m using Meadows & Rain scent right now)
- Unload the dishwasher so it’s ready to be loaded once the dirty dishes pile up
- Make sure there’s enough seating for everyone that’s coming
- Plan out special activities for the kids
I plan out what I want to serve for food and drinks after browsing Pinterest and make a list on my phone. I then make sure I have the right kind and amount of plates, cups, cutlery, napkins, and serving pieces in stock before I head to the store.
I also make sure I’m well-stocked with paper towels, toilet paper, plastic wrap, ice, soap, cleaning supplies, and leftover containers — just the general household items I don’t want to run out of during a party.
Before every party, I do a big tidy throughout the house and put away the toys, clothes on the floor, and generally return everything back to its place. This honestly takes the most time in my party prep, but it’s well worth it since I get to enjoy the clean for a few days after the party too.
I like to add fresh flowers to almost everyone room, and my trick is buying multiple grocery store bouquets and distributing them throughout the house. My personal favorite is white hydrangeas and bits of eucalyptus from our backyard. As a finishing touch, I spray each room with Febreze AIR in Meadows & Rain, then leave the bottle in the bathroom for guests to use. It’s considerate of both them and me — the real MVP for my Super Bowl party for elminiating odors pre-, during and post-game!
Febreze Air eliminates odors right away (especially Super Bowl party odors) and leaves a bit of lingering freshness.
Febreze came out with a hilarious Super Bowl party prep video with Terrell Owens to show why Febreze is the MVP of any party, and I had to share! So true!
My general party prep shopping list goes as follows:
- Disposables (plates, cups, cutlery, paper towels, toilet paper)
- Food ingredients
- Fresh flowers
- Febreze AIR
For Super Bowl party food, you want to keep it simple and game-friendly. Think appetizers and finger foods, small portions and variety. Here’s 50 football party food ideas to get you thinking:
Thanks so much for reading!
Sponsored by Febreze. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that make this blog fun to write!