If you’re a big fan of the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show like me, you probably want to know all about the models’ beauty secrets, fitness tips, and everything and anything Angel-related. This year’s official hair tool is celebrity hair stylist Sarah Potempa’s Beachwaver, and I had a chance to try the S1 model this month!
I shared a mini tutorial on Snapchat first (same username as Instagram, irinabond), and since I had a record number of screenshots on the Beachwaver snaps, I went ahead and made a little YouTube video showing how it does the hard work for you.
Seriously, this hair tool makes curling my long hair so fast. At first I thought it might be a gimmick, but when I heard they would be using it on the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show models this year, I was all ears.
And it actually really works and very well at that.
How to Use the Beachwaver S1:
- Power on and select your desired temperature and either the Fast or Slow option.
- Clamp the end of your strand and press and hold one of the arrow buttons, depending on the direction you want it to rotate.
- Repeat throughout the hair, ideally sectioning and working in quadrants (which I should have but didn’t do in this video). Reset the iron with the Home button between each curl.
- Hairspray and play with texture.
- Finish off the face-framing pieces of hair.
And that’s it. I can curl my hair in about 10 minutes with this, when other wands usually take me 20-25 minutes.
The curls stay well into the next day too.
Mark your calendars for a girls’ night in on December 8th on CBS.
You can get the Beachwaver S1 at Ulta.